Help with focusing

It's not the shutter speed that caused these. On a 50mm lens 1/125 and 1/320 are more than fast enough to get sharp images.

I downloaded both your images, applied a touch of sharpening and looked at them at 100%. Guess what, they are both tack sharp. Actually, for the intended purpose you only want just a little more sharpening or complexion issues will start to be visible and then you will have a bigger post processing problem.

You have a lovely daughter and my comments on complexion aren't intended to make her feel bad. Goodness knows my complexion was worse when I was her age nearly 60 years age. I both outgrew the issue and it's really irrelevant now (worse things worry about).

I downloaded both your images, applied a touch of sharpening and looked at them at 100%. Guess what, they are both tack sharp. Actually, for the intended purpose you only want just a little more sharpening or complexion issues will start to be visible and then you will have a bigger post processing problem.

You have a lovely daughter and my comments on complexion aren't intended to make her feel bad. Goodness knows my complexion was worse when I was her age nearly 60 years age. I both outgrew the issue and it's really irrelevant now (worse things worry about).

Hang on there. I just downloaded both images and looked. The eyes are not tack sharp in either image.

Most reactions

Back