help with Nikon D750

iceberg87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Nikon D750 isn't working properly anymore and I could use some help if anyone has any ideas. The problem seems to be that it displays the flashing "Err" sign. The main behavior I'm observing is that it doesn't want to properly save photos to the memory card. I can get the camera to auto-focus, and the shutter to press normally, but when I do, it says "Cannot Display Image". Zooming in, it gives me a bunch of boxes with X's, instead of proper file previews. When I look on the computer, there are no files that have been saved at all on the memory card. I tried a few obvious things and none have helped, like a) buying and trying a totally new memory card, b) formatting the memory card in the camera and on the computer, c) trying both SD card slots separately and together.

One thing I wondered about is whether the aperture control is broken? However, I can change the aperture normally. I don't see any obvious signs of damage to the camera, but its possible this was caused by the bag the camera was in being dropped for a few feet up.

Can anyone suggest what to do?

It could be broke and need repair.

You could try removing the battery for a while and reinstall and see.

There is also a chance that a complete reset of the camera may sort it out

Screenshot_20190310-071614.png

Make sure the electronic contacts on the lens and camera are clean.

Last edited:
My Nikon D750 isn't working properly anymore and I could use some help if anyone has any ideas. The problem seems to be that it displays the flashing "Err" sign. The main behavior I'm observing is that it doesn't want to properly save photos to the memory card. I can get the camera to auto-focus, and the shutter to press normally, but when I do, it says "Cannot Display Image". Zooming in, it gives me a bunch of boxes with X's, instead of proper file previews. When I look on the computer, there are no files that have been saved at all on the memory card. I tried a few obvious things and none have helped, like a) buying and trying a totally new memory card, b) formatting the memory card in the camera and on the computer, c) trying both SD card slots separately and together.

One thing I wondered about is whether the aperture control is broken? However, I can change the aperture normally. I don't see any obvious signs of damage to the camera, but its possible this was caused by the bag the camera was in being dropped for a few feet up.

Can anyone suggest what to do?

Is the err message showing on the rear lcd or on the screen on the top right, is there some code that comes up with the error.

Have you tried 1-resetting the camera defaults (as mentioned above), 2-with a different SD-card, 3-is your firmware up to date; the latest version might help, 4-if none of the above work I would send it to Nikon for check and repair.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back