Help with Rebel XSi(im new)

donleo85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Currently have a Rebel XSi. 2 lenses 18-55mm & 75-300mm

Looking to possibly get into some macro shooting any REASONALBLY priced stuff out there?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

For an extremely affordable macro lens the Tamron 70-300 can do the job with proper lighting.

Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus AF017NII-700 B&H

Also, When I bought my 7D it came with the 28-135mm that has a macro setting. It actually worked quite well. You can get them used and cheap all day because people want to get rid of their kit lens. I put mine on my old XSI and think it's a great match for it.

Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Image Stabilizer USM 2562A002 B&H

I hope this helps some

Eric

The lenses mentioned maybe better than your own but are not true macro. Tamron do a 90mm macro lens that is cost effective, canon do an ef-s 50mm macro also but with this because of the length you have to get close to fill the frame, this can make it hard to control shadows from yourself etc, and if your picturing living creatures you have to go close.
Kenko (and I am sure other makers) make macro tubes that allow af. Now autofocus may not be possible with macro but the fact they have electric contacts allows the aperture on your lens to be adjusted and your camera to meter. These go between the camera and your existing lenses, allowing them to focus closer than they can without. They are a good alternative when cash is an issue

Most reactions

Back