Heron in Flight

bluesaphyer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Took these yesterday morning. This heron is very camera shy. He has no problem when I walk my dog near him, but as soon as I point the camera he takes off!

-Julie

21212199_79700c9e3a.jpg

21211068_dc3a91b396.jpg

21281315_ecb4fa5501.jpg

Gotta love those herons. Good shots.

I found number one to be particularly interesting.

Nice shot's! I've been trying to catch some shots of heron's lately too. I'm waiting for the films to come back so i'll post them as and when they arrive!

I live quite close to a resevoir and they seem to live right at the far end of the resevoir which is a healthy trek, it's been pretty common for me to walk for several miles break out the zoom lens start composing a shot and then they fly off! Camera shy for sure!!! Last time i was just about to get a beautiful shot of one stood looking in my direction, then a person walking a dog turned up the dog barked and i lost the shot! Doh!

You've done really well catching these and if mine turn out as well, i'll be over the moon :)

The last one is good, but the second one is my favourite. I like the way there's just enough light on his back to show off his colours. It's good how he's over the part of water which is bright as well. It helps him stand out. Impressive stuff.

ferny said:
The last one is good, but the second one is my favourite. I like the way there's just enough light on his back to show off his colours. It's good how he's over the part of water which is bright as well. It helps him stand out. Impressive stuff.

agreed!

Geat shots. You did a wonderful job with a tough moving subject. I like each shot, for it's different interpretation. Some sillhouette, some with detail, and compositons, (which are so difficult with a bird in flight) are awesome.

Most reactions

Back