Hey there! Brand Spankin New!

Reaction score
Website
shotinthedarkphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I am Stephanie. I am in Tulsa, OK and I found this group via a Google search. I recently started up my photography business and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything. I specialize in pet photography but I also do family and children's portraits. Also love automotive photography as well. I have been a hobbyist for a quite a while 10+ years. I am currently shooting with a D7100 and my go-to lens is my 50mm. Any advice for someone breaking into this industry?

Hi! I am Stephanie. I am in Tulsa, OK and I found this group via a Google search. I recently started up my photography business and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything. I specialize in pet photography but I also do family and children's portraits. Also love automotive photography as well. I have been a hobbyist for a quite a while 10+ years. I am currently shooting with a D7100 and my go-to lens is my 50mm. Any advice for someone breaking into this industry?

I think the general consensus your likely to get is, "Don't quit your day job"...

Not a pro myself, just a dedicated amateur. Welcome to the forum.

Any advice for someone breaking into this industry?
Hi, and welcome!

Your proposed genre includes quite a range of subject material. If you can do all of that and still produce excellent work, then the only thing you haven't mentioned is business acumen.

Perhaps you should learn how to operate a small business and make a profit.

How are you at the business stuff?

Any advice for someone breaking into this industry?
Hi, and welcome!

Your proposed genre includes quite a range of subject material. If you can do all of that and still produce excellent work, then the only thing you haven't mentioned is business acumen.

Perhaps you should learn how to operate a small business and make a profit.

How are you at the business stuff?

The automotive photography is mostly just a hobby, my husband and I also have a small classic car restoration business so we are active in the car show/car auction world so the subjects are easy to come by.

As far as the business aspect of it goes, I have a Bachelors in Business with a double major in Marketing. I do also have a day job that I don't plan on leaving any time soon (knock on wood).

You're all set!

Do a search on here for threads on pet photography and whatever else you're interested in.

If you think of any specific questions about lighting, etc., repost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back