Hi and I'm Addicted

saratherese

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All! I just spent most of my day caught up in several posts on the forums. It was like reading real-life soap operas with all the plots and turns in the stories. I'm afraid I found my new addiction. The commentary/feedback by so many of the photographers here seemed genuinely thoughtful, honest, and helpful and I want to be a part of this 'community'. As a way to introduce myself, I'll post my bio that is found on my various social media sites:

"My name is Sara Therese (Moore) and I live to create. My degree is in education, and I spent 15 years as a public school teacher with summers spent exploring different forms of art. I still rotate through passionate phases of painting, illustrating, writing, and crochet, but the one constant in my life - my creative must - is photography and retouching. About 10 years ago I picked up a digital camera, and IÂ’ve never looked back. As my photography business grew, so did my desire to do it full time and in 2010 I left my teaching job behind. Being a photographer is a dream come true, and retouching the images fits my creative personality perfectly.

I recently moved to Maui, from Tucson, Arizona. My daughter is a student at the University of Hawaii, Maui campus, and after two years apart, I told her to skooch over (yes, that's a word) and make room for me on the beach towel.

My style would be described as romantic lifestyle photography. I like to take a journalistic approach and combine environmental and candid images that tell a story. I want my photography to evoke emotions and capture a moment in time. My favorite time of day to shoot is the "Golden Hour". This is the hour and a half around sunset (about 45 minutes before and after).

Some other passions of mine, in no particular order: Travel - IÂ’ve lived, studied, or traveled in 24 countries on five continents. A strong cup of coffee with amaretto cream. The ocean. Taking risks in life, because no one should have to look back and wonder."

I hope to get to know you all well!

Sara

Sara,
Welcome to the forum. You have an excellent place to capture various stunning photos without going very far !!

Hello All! I just spent most of my day caught up in several posts on the forums. It was like reading real-life soap operas with all the plots and turns in the stories. I'm afraid I found my new addiction. The commentary/feedback by so many of the photographers here seemed genuinely thoughtful, honest, and helpful and I want to be a part of this 'community'. As a way to introduce myself, I'll post my bio that is found on my various social media sites:

"My name is Sara Therese (Moore) and I live to create. My degree is in education, and I spent 15 years as a public school teacher with summers spent exploring different forms of art. I still rotate through passionate phases of painting, illustrating, writing, and crochet, but the one constant in my life - my creative must - is photography and retouching. About 10 years ago I picked up a digital camera, and I’ve never looked back. As my photography business grew, so did my desire to do it full time and in 2010 I left my teaching job behind. Being a photographer is a dream come true, and retouching the images fits my creative personality perfectly.

I recently moved to Maui, from Tucson, Arizona. My daughter is a student at the University of Hawaii, Maui campus, and after two years apart, I told her to skooch over (yes, that's a word) and make room for me on the beach towel.

My style would be described as romantic lifestyle photography. I like to take a journalistic approach and combine environmental and candid images that tell a story. I want my photography to evoke emotions and capture a moment in time. My favorite time of day to shoot is the "Golden Hour". This is the hour and a half around sunset (about 45 minutes before and after).

Some other passions of mine, in no particular order: Travel - I’ve lived, studied, or traveled in 24 countries on five continents. A strong cup of coffee with amaretto cream. The ocean. Taking risks in life, because no one should have to look back and wonder."

I hope to get to know you all well!

Sara

Welcome to the peanut gallery Sara. From Tucson to Maui.. huh. So not much of a lifestyle switch there .. lol

Welcome to TPF, Sara. You sound like a great person!

Welcome, Sara - from the East coast.
I've spent a good amount of time in Hawaii, mostly on Oahu, and, if I were the kind of person to shoot pretty stuff, would love it there.

I did notice that the text on 'behind the lens' page of your site is rendered a bit strangely when using Chrome (although it works fine in Firefox) which is ~ 50% of the user base.
Note the size changes.

$text.jpg

Welcome to TPF, Sara! Sounds like you have been busy staying true to your passions, and for that I applaud you. :)

I hope you check out our Gallery section and post some of your work (and please, also check out our Creative Corner where you can show us your paintings and other art work). Keep posting, and have fun!!

Traveler Lew: Good to know! No one has ever said anything and my type A personality is very happy you've pointed this out so I can fix it!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard Sara...

I just realized, you can photograph a Sunrise and a Sunset over an ocean without actually moving an inch. :thumbup:

PLOT TWIST: YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE!!

^ That's a joke (based on your liking of our story turns). Glad to have you aboard! I, too, find that the community aspect and the humor of the membership here is what keeps me coming back!

Enjoy your stay :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back