Hi Everyone!

Charle Fowle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, My name is Charlie I am from Columbus Ohio. Lived here majority of my life. Other great place I've lived include Los Angeles California, Maui Hawaii, St.Augustine Florida. I enjoy walking around with no strings attached. I recently just overcame a drug addiction to meth and heroin a couple years ago and my brother passed away this August. He was hit by a car as he was entering his car that was pulled off on the shoulder of the highway. Kinda why it brought me here as weird as it may seem. I mean Im now looking for imformation and someone to help me with building a case that i am constructing to hold a piece of his clothing from the accident. A "relic case" if you will. I need a"lens-capsule case" type thing as you can see in the picture. I imagined gluing 2 small lens ( ~.1/2 - 3/4 inch) together and then with some other modifications it could the piece of cloth can float in the center. Could anyone help me in this construct?Please.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 4.56.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 4.56.58 PM.png
    900.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 5.00.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 5.00.49 PM.png
    820.5 KB · Views: 115
Hi Charlie, welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it here.

Thank you both. Very kind of you. Im not a big camera enthusiast or anything but this will be a good resource for my future im sure!

1/2” to 3/4” thick glass? Is the point to be able to magnify the piece of clothing? How big is the piece? What kind of a diameter are you thinking for the glass?

It may not be what you’re thinking but something that would be really easy would be to use two uv filters. They can simply be screwed together with the piece in between.

Sorry for not being clearer. I would like the thickness to be 1/2"-3/4" diameter. The entire piece will be built around the size of the "lens-capsule" piece. Depending on that it will determine the overall size of the piece. I would like to have the entire piece stay under 2.5''. And the magnification is a fantastic point that I missed. I want to take advantage of the lens properties.

The UV lens is a great idea but misses this magnification. Thank you so much for that idea.

Most reactions

Back