hi, with a problem.

T1i-jeff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I am new to the DSLR world. Just recently picked up a Canon T1i last week. Not sure if I am having trouble with my SD card or the camera itself. See below image.

IMG_0177.jpg

While snapping some shots of my two boys, the image shifts like above. It does not show like that in preview mode on the camera, only when I upload them to the computer (or access the image directly on the camera through the computer.)

I had it set on burst mode, and took 8 shots, 3 of the shots are similar to this one shown.

The SD Card is a Kodak card.

Trouble parsing the image...I think this is a computer hard drive/data storage access problem most likely. Is your hard drive badly fragmented?

If I were you I would try and isolate the problem to see if it is your hard drive, your camera, or your SD card. If you have another computer in the house try uploading your photos on that computer or maybe a friends computer if it looks bad on the other computer then get a new card. If it looks good on another computer then it is either the camera or your hard drive. I guess the easiest way to find out is to take some photos with a friends camera and load there card in your computer to see if there photos come up good. If they look good then i would say it is your camera.

Thanks for the input. My computer at work has a SD card reader. I took some shots this morning (I formatted the card yesterday) and will load them up directly from the card at work to see if there are any issues. I will also upload the software to my wife's laptop and try it there also.

The computer runs a set day to defrag the harddrive. (last done on the 12th)

I also have a Sony H50 ps camera, and never had an issue with the pictures.

OK, I tried the SD card in my computer at work and all the pictures looked perfect, no shifting. I get home and hook the camera up to the home computer and the same pictures I viewed at work that are ok, some of them are shifted.

I have an external hard drive that I save all my pics to. I transferred them to that and they are all fine but two of them (and those two pics were fine at work).

I don't think it is a bad SD card, or is it? LOL I need to get an SD card reader for my home computer, that should eliminate any processing errors from the camera to the computer.

Thanks for any further advice.

is there a way you can read your photos at work through your camera, same way you do it at home, im trying to figure out if its something the way you are reading your photos through the usb cable might be bad the camera or the hard drive.

the way you are explaining it, i almost want to narrow it down to your usb cord, usb connection or the camera, if you could get a sd reader with a new cord see how that goes, if it looks good i would say it could be the camera reader, if they are still bad i would lean toward your computer. another option is to open your window and throw it all out and start over lol, just kidding. let me know how it works out, if anybody else has any ideas we are open for ideas, its hard to trouble shooy something when your not there. hope this helps a little

I haven't tried yet, but I need to install the software to my wifes laptop. That way, it will show if it is the camera/usb cord. I'll keep on updating.

I just loaded the software up to my wifes laptop. Even tho it took about 8 minutes to load up 115 pictures, every picture came out fine. So my guess is that my computer is having some type of process error when I load them up to it through the camera USB. Time to get a SD card reader and try that out!

Time to bring up an old subject.

Since originally posting this, I had to return my DSLR (needed money quick for the family).

Been using my Sony H50 since then.

No I am having the same problem with my Sony H50 photos doing the same thing. Happening both on my PCs hard drive and external hard drive.

Going to purchase a Memory Stick card reader and hope it cures this problem like it cured my problem with my DSLR files.

Any new suggestions?

Oh one more thing, once the files are uploaded and you are looking at the thumbnails (the thumnails look fine at first), you can see each thumbnail change before your eyes to look like the first couple pictures I posted. But it is not every picture.

Thanks for any further input.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back