You said you've been building PC's since the 80's, it seems like you're a little bit out of date with the systems clearly. Please find me a 1TB HDD right now for $100; I'd like to stock up considering the Thai floods have increased prices dramatically. As for the OS, this was built to dual boot into OSX and Windows 7. As far as water cooling goes, it is for the consumer, it is nothing short of that. You would maybe have problems if you were looking into a custom CPU and GPU loop with compression fittings, two rads, separate reservoirs and a pump, sure there would be more to go wrong but this is completely sealed in. The i7 2600k will increase it's clock speed when under load, for example batch rendering photos or rendering video.
What more do you want for video editing? I have a $3000 prosumer AVCHD encoded camcorder. AVCHD is one of the hardest forms of footage to edit because of the bit rate it is recorded in and the file sizes. The 8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM will do that for you, and you always have the option to expand to 32GB if you feel that 8GB isn't enough, which I assure you it will be enough. What is there to know about the graphics card? It can power two 1920 x 1080 monitors and if you get a display port adapter you can power a third, which is what I do and it cuts down edit times dramatically just by allowing more space for multi-tasking. Then you can always use the video card to reduce your render times or have even longer rendered ram previews by using Open GL or CL.
As you can see, you're getting an awesome deal on the system and if you feel you don't need a certain part in there I can by all means remove it and discount the price. Did you also notice that it said $1500 OBO? OBO is an acronym for OR BEST OFFER, which means I will take $1500 or the best offer I receive.
I can post some photos here, but as I take more sport oriented photos or portraits and I feel like that is the sort of thing that could invade someone’s privacy. I don't take a large amount of landscape or inanimate object photography but I could start to upload those and that would suffice.
I didn't mean to come of harsh in anyway, but don't come into my sale thread and talk me down when you are clearly misinformed. :thumbup: