High Level Bridge

genital_apparatus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some shooting around the High Level Bridge in Edmonton here yesterday, these are my favourite shots, C&C welcome:

18_24_11_08_1_09_22.jpg

#1: Photograph from below the High Level Bridge, taken from the pedestrian bridge immediately to its west.
f/2.8
2.5 seconds
ISO 200

18_24_11_08_1_11_03.jpg

#2: Edmonton's south side silhouetted during sunset.
f/5.6
1/320 seconds
ISO 200

18_24_11_08_1_12_26.jpg

#3: Edmonton's High Level Bridge spanning across the North Saskatchewan River as it freezes over prior to winter.
f/3.8
1/2 seconds
ISO 200

#1 is pretty interesting. A different view point: I don't think I've ever seen a cityscape from under a bridge. Nice job on the silhouette shot. I was going to ask if that was ice forming in the last shot, then I read your caption.

The first fascinates me most. Perfect time to take "night" photos, as there still is so much colour in the sky (and hence the reflection of it in the water), but the city lights are on already, their orange complementing the blue so well. The flow of the water looks good. What held my eye for longest, though, is the point where the water accumulates around the abutment and begins to freeze (?) ... it is WHITE. That's what I mean.

The silhouette photo has potential, but to my mind, composition is not strong enough and clouds and silhouettes severely compete for attention.

The last is sort of "ruined" to my mind because of the very white sky. If you had reduced your composition to the ice on the river alone, I think I'd have liked it a lot more.

no. 1 wins here, - well I think so .

graham

I would say the # 1 took the cake but the other shots are wonderful too.

These are all cool, I like 2 a lot it's got a lot of emotion in it

Most reactions

Back