weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've not been taking a lot of photos recently so I thought I'd take a leaf out of Robbinsphoto's book and headed to a wildlife park I'd heard about. It alsso gave me a chance to rekkie it as they also do special photography days which might be an option in the future. Turns out it's quite a good park and they had some cool animals, some of which I'd not seen before (some stayed elusive!). Here are a few of the days shots:

A Great Grey Owl
Grey Owl by wee_pete, on Flickr

A Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl by wee_pete, on Flickr

and a Red Panda
Red Panda by wee_pete, on Flickr

Great set, the Highland Wildlife park is great and I've been a few times, did you take any photos of the Polar bears?

Great set, the Highland Wildlife park is great and I've been a few times, did you take any photos of the Polar bears?

Thanks mate. No, I didn't see any of the polar bears unfortunately or the wolvarines (they were both hiding). I had left it a bit late to leave Glasgow this morning so only had a couple of hours after I got there for a whistle stop tour. It was worth the trip though so I'll definately be back.

Nice photos! Just curious what camera you are shooting with.

That Snowy is super crisp but my fave is the lynx. Beautiful cat!

Thanks Dan, I actually had thought I'd managed some better shots of the Lynxes but on review they ended up on the cutting room floor. There were 5 or 6 lynx in the enclosure and a few kittens that were quite active so it looks promising for futher investigation. It was definatley one of the animals I had wanted to see as there is talk of a possible re-introduction of them in Scotland.

Nice set have you seen a snowy owl in the wild?

Thanks Jr. No, snowy ows are very rare in Scotland though the occaisonal one is spotted in the Cairngorms (which is a big mountain range) the last breeding pair here was on the Shetland Islands in 1975. Fantastic animals though, I have been wanting to have a go at one for a while now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back