Highway Truckies keep on rollin'

Ozzie_Traveller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day all

Sundown gives wonderful rich colours, and the B-double (38- to 58-wheeler) trucks keep on rollin' along
Deliberate slow-shutter speeds used to create wiggly lines

exif (each image) - Panny FZ-2500; 1/2s x F4,2; ISO-800; lens at 5x zoom / 115mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
Phil

Trucks! Now your talking something I know pretty well. 30+ years in49 states and Canada you have to learn something. This was the last truck I drove. Was the company show truck!

3dpHLqXl.jpg

Maade a frame and matted it and it hangs on my bedroom wall!

G'day Don

Congrats for your life-long service to the trucking industry .... as they say to us customers "everything on the shop shelves is delivered to you by truck" so be thankful

If you are also interested, here's a pic of a very common Aussie outback truck 'road train' out here. These drivers - both guys & gals need a gold medal at times for the work they do
Phil

Aussie B-Quad, Cunnamulla QLD.jpg

BOC Gasses Quad.jpg

G'day all

Sundown gives wonderful rich colours, and the B-double (38- to 58-wheeler) trucks keep on rollin' along
Deliberate slow-shutter speeds used to create wiggly lines

exif (each image) - Panny FZ-2500; 1/2s x F4,2; ISO-800; lens at 5x zoom / 115mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
Phil
Fun stuff!

Your last shot here is outstanding! Love the lines and the Star Trek kind of feel - engage at Warp 10! :lol:

Great set. Bittersweet memories of trucking, I owned an over the road trucking company for twenty five years. Made some money, but not without a toll on me and the family. It was a high energy, cut throat ride with lots of ups and downs, exasperating drivers and money that flowed in and out at razor thin margins. Despite that, if it weren't for my wife threatening me with serious bodily harm I'd be back in it in a heartbeat.

Fun stuff!

Your last shot here is outstanding! Love the lines and the Star Trek kind of feel - engage at Warp 10! :lol:
I've seen lot's of photo's of what those guy's drive out there. No thanks! Most I've pulled was doubles and didn't care fot that much. Hauled ton's upon tons of swinging meat, beef and lamb. Probably a load or two of hog's in there somewhere. First load of swinging stood my hair on end. Hang's on hooks from the roof or the trailer and that where all the weight is! Trailers really wobble around a bunch! Done when I turned 50, medically disqualifed and don't miss it at all anymore. Took the better part oidf a year to learn to sleep more than four hours at a time. Pretty lpusy pay for what we did back then!

Most reactions

Back