What's new

Hmmmm....

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wedding - Brianna and James - 301 bw copy.jpg
 
Fix (Update/get rid of your industrial LOGO) and enjoy the ride!!!!
 
By far, my favourite of your wedding images so far. Great job, including the monochrome work.
 
The second guy from the left looks like he wants to kill you....:lol:. Nice shot though.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
See now this is interesting... I LOVE this shot but thought the guy with the odd face ruined it. And here I've got folks really liking it. Go figure. I wonder how many shots I've left on the cutting room floor unnecessarily.... Lol

Btw that guy did that eeeeevery time I pointed the camera at him. Same exact odd expression. He even pointed out that he wanted to be sure he did it each time. Peculiar.

Anyway thanks for the comments, everyone.
 
Love this. What did you do for lighting? Also you have a lot of dof what aperture were you at?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
Love this. What did you do for lighting? Also you have a lot of dof what aperture were you at?

Thanks. Single on-camera SB-800, diffused with "the tupperware" and bounced off wall and ceiling behind me and left. Therre's a heck of al ot of movement and such going on with what I do, so there's really no practical way to pull off off-camera lighting most of the time. Frankly, I think the lighting could have been a little better, but I'm ok with it as it is. :)

I was at F3.5. I'm curious about your comment about lots of DOF... I'm not seeing it? (though frankly it's more in DOF than I might have expected at 3.5. :lol:) I was a goodly distance away from them, though.
 
Man.. ditch the fong dong :). Anyway, it is a great photo but I am not digging your B&W conversion.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
heh. What would you suggest instead of my trusty tupperware? I've been pretty happy with it, and I've seen reviews of lots of the alternatives that are mostly not all that great.
 
No modifier. Maybe use the wide angle piece and use it as a bounce card sometimes. All you are doing with the fong dong is to make most of the light go directly to your subject instead of being bounced. And yes, you make the light source a little bigger but not much. You will have better result bouncing ALL the light on the ceiling/wall behind you.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12
No modifier. Maybe use the wide angle piece and use it as a bounce card sometimes. All you are doing with the fong dong is to make most of the light go directly to your subject instead of being bounced. And yes, you make the light source a little bigger but not much. You will have better result bouncing ALL the light on the ceiling/wall behind you.

I do that sometimes... the result isn't always ideal. In this case there wouldn't have been a good way to use a bounce card, so their eyes would have lacked highlight, which can have some not-so-great effects. I've been thinking about making a bounce card which has a lot of the surface completely open so the light passes through. I know some MFGs also make something similar.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom