Holga anyone?

kreuzberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently got a Holga 120N and I've just got my first few films back. I know the images are not to many peoples tastes but i thought Id post a few anyway, I still cant decide if I like them or not.

There goes:

Theres a few more here if anyone is interested:

Holga Adventures

I generally like them them but I'm not sure about how much distortion I'm getting, theres a lot on the bottom but none on the top so to me them look a little unbalanced.

What do you guys think, should I keep it or stick it on ebay?? :lol:

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but I really like the images you've got here (and on your flikr). #2 and #4 really appeal to me the most, but the colors are fantastic. I don't mind the distortion so much, especially when there's a tack sharp point of focus. I say keep it and keep playing with it, I think you've got some real potential here!

Cheers guys!

I have to say the more I look at them, the more I like them! It must be I just needed a little time to get used to them :lol:

Like any other technique, Holgas don't always work well with all subjects. I like some of what you have here (#4 and 6 in particular look good to me ;) ) while others don't work as well (#1). Take the time to learn the tool and you'll be able to choose the right subjects for the kinds of results the tool gives. I have a 120N (I think, the first iteration of those cameras) and it is good for some things and not as good for others. I do carry it around, but it usually takes me a while to get through a whole roll. The same goes for my Holga WPC (panoramic pinhole)...

- Randy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back