holiday at kaiteri 09

dave196

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few photos from my family holiday to kaiteri, a lovely place in new zealand.
C&C welcome.

DSC_0754copy.jpg

DSC_0776copy.jpg

DSC_0514copy.jpg

DSC_0483copy.jpg

DSC_0381copy.jpg

DSC_0367copy.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0147copy.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

peace

Last edited:
2 and 8 are the two photos I'd consider well-done here. The others are some nice holiday snaps for the family album so you will always remember the good times you had at Kaiteri in January 2009.

The weather wasn't always only just sunny, sunny, sunny. :D
That's what Photo 2 shows nicely and in an interesting manner, by making the wet bicycle saddle your only subject, by filling the frame with it, by working with a shallow DOF and having the parts of the bike below disappear into blurriness. Point of view is also nice, having a bike from ABOVE for a change, not from the side.

And 8, with those foreground elements, infinite DOF, and several landscape elements to be seen is also nicely composed. Maybe the foreground could be brightened up some in post, without touching the sky, though.

I have to say it was sunny 15/16 days, so i was pleased. Yes these are my 2 favourites also. Story behind the bike seat one was just after the rain had stopped, my mother ( photo 3) asked me to bike to the shop to get some milk, this was my photo of protest :lol:. Number 8 was taken from the moving van after around 4 hours of driving, as we were progressing from resaonbly bad weather and there was a clearing in the sky where we were heading.
Thanks for comment.

Then I was talking about 7.5 (you changed the numbers in the mean time).

Oh I've been to Kaiteri two years ago on my New Zealand trip! Didn't you walk down to the split apple rock? would have been a great photo opportunity! I loved that place!

to me 7 and 7.7 bear a lot of interestingness...the colours in 4 are great but I would have included more of the tree or something to make the shot more interesting... a nice sky is always great but shlould in most cases only work as backdrop for something your eye can hold on to... which misses here in my opinion...

I hope you had a nice stay!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back