Holiday Recipies... What cha got?

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why not? Add your recipies.

I was banned for my sweet potato cassarole.... only because it was so damn good. So I have a cranberry congealed salad as a backup.

It's easy peasy...

1 packet of any red Jello.... rasberry, strawberry, black cherry, etc, it don't phuqueing matter. Mix as per instructions with one cup of hot water.

Add one can of cranberry sauce with whole cranberries. You'll have to squeeze the gelatin to break it down, but don't kill the whole berries..... easy baby, ..........oh yeah... I like it like that.

Dice one apple (with peel.... minus the core you nimrod.....) and ~1 cup of nuts. I prefer pecans, but whatever floats your boat. Add this in once the above has been mixed well.

Add one can of crushed pineapple.

Mash two nanners like Elvis likes (uh, that would be bananas)....... and whisk.

DJ... throw on Sir Mixalot........

Throw it in a bowl and set it in the fridge, have a drink and half an hour or so later, stir that sh1t up a little and let it set overnight.

Come tomorrow, you're the hero. Cap it and take it to Mama's.

Last edited:
Baked corn is always a favorite at our family gatherings.

1 can whole kernel corn, well drained
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Salt and pepper to taste

Blend well in food processor or blender
Bake in a greased casserole for 35 to 40 minutes at 350
till set or the edges start to brown.

Banned for sweet potatoes? :(

I just made mine. Sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, salt & maple syrup. Topped with marshmallows and pecans. mmmmmmmm Can't wait!

Anyone besides me who loves corn pudding?

:lol: You posted while I was typing! :thumbup:

I have to say that it is the second thing I look forward to next to the turkey. I love the stuff.

Real Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin_pie.JPG

1 Sugar pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tea spoon cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp mace
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
3 cups cooked pumpkin goop
1 1/2 cups half & half

Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and that stringy mess (you can roast the seeds later if you feel so inclined).
Place the pumpkin halves on a cookie sheet and cook at 350º until soft (about 45 mins to 1 hour).
Scoop out the softened meat into a container. Toss the skins.
Then sieve the soft pumpkin meat (which is a PITA--easier is to run it through a food processor or blender for a jiffy).

Mix all of the above ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into a pie shell.
Cook for 15 mins at 425 then reduce to 350 for 45 mins to an hour. Test with a fork to see if it is done (poke a fork into the middle, if the tines come back clean the pie is done).

Last edited:
Two 5-oz. packages of quality Bleu Cheese, broken into small crumbled bits
One 2-pound baby loaf of Tillamook brand extra-sharp cheddar cheese,coarsely grated
Two 8-ounce packs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened.

Using a pastry cutter, cut the small bits of bleu cheese in to the softened cream cheese. Then, mix the combined bleu and cream cheeses into the grated cheddar cheese. This can be done using a strong wooden spoon, paddle, stir-stick, or even by gloving up with rubber or latex gloves and mixing the cheese by hand. Mix in a large, wide bowl for the easiest working. Form the mixed three-cheese mixture into either round balls, or loaves. Roll each completed creation in finely-chopped nuts for a festive outer coat, using finely minced hazelnuts, walnuts,pecans, or salted cashews as the coating. Allow to warm to room temperature before serving. Pair it with a small cheese or butter knife so people can slice off the exact amount they want. Tastes great when served on celery sticks, Wheat Thins, Chicken in a Biscuit, Ritz crackers, or almost any other cheese-type delivery system! Unlike "factory" cheesballs or loaves, this recipe is not filled with greasy-tasting hydrogenated fillers and cheap oils.

One of the best deserts....
RASMALAI

Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: approx 1 hour (in various stages)
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients:
Whole Milk – 8 cups (divided)
Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp
Water – 5 cups (in a pressure cooker)
Sugar – 1 cup
Saffron – pinch
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Pistachios & Almonds – 2 Tbsp, roughly chopped
Sugar for the Ras – to taste
Method:
1. Boil 4 cups milk in a steel pan and boil the remaining 4 cups milk in a non-stick pan (The milk in the non-stick pan needs to be reduced to half the quantity so once it comes to a boil, keep the flame low and keep cooking while stirring occasionally. Grind saffron with a small amount of sugar and add it to the milk while boiling).
2. Once the milk in the steel pan comes to a rolling boil, slowly add lemon juice.
3. When the milk curdles (paneer), switch off the stove and strain the paneer in a cheese cloth.
4. Pour a little cold water over the paneer and hang the cheese cloth on the tap for approx 30 minutes to remove all of the liquid.
5. Remove the paneer from the cheese cloth and run it through a food processor to smooth it out. You can knead the paneer by hand but it will take a long time to make it smooth.
6. Divide the paneer into 12 equal portions a little smaller than the size of a ping pong ball.
7. Roll the portions in your hands until a smooth ball is formed. Lightly press the ball until it flattens out.
8. In the pressure cooker with water, dissolve 1 cup sugar and add the flattened paneer.
9. Close pressure cooker lid and cook until one whistle sounds. Immediately switch off the stove and set the timer for exactly 5 minutes.
10. After 5 minutes, carefully take the pressure cooker to the sink and pour cold water over the lid to remove the pressure.
11. Remove the cooked paneer with a slotted spoon into a bowl and allow it to cool.
12. Meanwhile, the milk in the non-stick pan should have reduced to half. Add sugar to taste, cardamom powder and nuts. Switch off the stove and keep milk aside.
13. Once the paneer is cool enough to handle with your hands, gently squeeze out the sugar syrup from the paneer and place the paneer into a serving dish.
14. Pour the prepared reduced milk over the paneer and chill in the refrigerator.
15. Garnish with additional chopped nuts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back