Holidays

MissCee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well this is the first post I've put up for some cc. The 2 images below were taken whilst on holidays a couple of weeks ago. Out of a whole heap of photos these (along with a few others) are the ones that 'grabbed' me. Please tell me what you think :)

Nokia D90, f5.6, 1/13, ISO 400, 26mm, taken on manual mode.
I was aiming to capture the fishing trawler on it's way into the sunset. I like that I've managed to capture detail on the boat and silhouette's for the rest of the picture. I also love the ripples on the water as it shows just how still and calm the night was.
My only concern is that it looks a bit grainy and the large cloud in the top right may take away from the image. I would have also loved to have gotten this when the sky was a pinker tone (I could probably tinker in photoshop but haven't wanted to touch it of yet).

a%3E
5584470119_ec6fee80af.jpg
9vtSpz
9vtSpz

Dusk Journey 2 by Miss_Cee, on Flickr

f4.5, 1/60, ISO 400, 22mm.
My main focus here was the twining wood. I was pleasantly surprised looking back over it with the sunlight through the leaves.
It could probably use a cropping but I'm not entirely sure where to start. Maybe losing the bottom portion?

Untitled by Miss_Cee, on Flickr

(Thank you raphaelaaron for the uploading help!)
a%3E

Last edited:
when you do the [ img ] tag, use the direct link of the image, as opposed to the flickr url of the page its on. you'll know its the direct link by it ending with .jpg

also, you have some nice shots. i like the one with the boat on the water.

Leading lines of the waves are perfect on #1. I'd crop a little off the top and left, giving the boat a little more presence in the frame. I like how dark it is, with that light on the boat being the bright spot in the photo.. also the reflection of the light on the water right behind the boat looks great.

I don't have much to say about #2.

Thank you for the tips Reznap. And thanks for pointing out the cropping advice too! After some adjusting it does look better :)

Most reactions

Back