What's new

Holy Mother of Stainless Steel Boom Stands Batman!!!

burnws6

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
596
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got it today. I almost kissed the UPS driver. This boom stand is way overdo. But I digress,... The thing can pretty much crane my house up. Here's the link to BH if you want the specs.

Avenger | A4050CS Junior Boom Stand with Leveling Leg | A4050CS

_DSC0529.jpg


_DSC0528.jpg








It has to be the most solid piece of equipment I own. So worth the price tag on it. I feel comfortable hovering any size modifier over a model now. The only bad thing is.....it is HEAVY. Rightfully so.
 
Oh....and on a side note.....all the arm extensions are collapsed. It goes about 6 feet higher and the boom arm extends another 5 or 6 feet as well.
 
It looks sweet. How easy is it to manipulate? I picked up a gently used film boom that is totally crank and gear operated that is sweet to adjust. Of course I would have to sell my first born to buy a new one, but this one had a great price tag being a one of a kind, only one in a non film town.
 
It looks sweet. How easy is it to manipulate? I picked up a gently used film boom that is totally crank and gear operated that is sweet to adjust. Of course I would have to sell my first born to buy a new one, but this one had a great price tag being a one of a kind, only one in a non film town.

lol! All the extensions are very heavy, but the way it's built makes it easy to maneuver around,... extremely easily as far as the left and right directions go. As far as lowering or lifting the boom is a little tricky. With the right enough release and pressure a heavy modifier won't be that hard to lower although you need to work a little to lift it up. Nothing that will make you break a sweat, but you know what I mean. It's solid though. Soooo solid.
 
I really want a boom setup for studio stuff. For the longest time I didnt understand that you really cant get light overtop of a subject without one.

I use to ghetto rig it and just have my assistant man boom it. Lol, this is much better.
 
Does it come with a counter weight?
 
Does it come with a counter weight?
No it doesn't. But honestly Mike...doesn't need one. I rigged my x3200 with a big 67 eleinchrome Octabox that added a good extra 7 lbs and at full extension it started to tip over. I just use my battery pck. Thing is solid. Can't emphasize it enough. I say 90% of the time it won't need to be counter weighted.
 
Lol ye have no faith. Trust me I'm all about taking care of my precious equipment .... It really doesn't need one. I know its hard to believe.....but it doesn't.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom