Holy terror ...Beware pet photography (Please view Large)

joemc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My lovely wife wanted me to take some pictures of her 18 yr old Shiatsu.

This dog is mean, ferocious and evil.... And also blind and kinda cute...lol

I think this is the perfect shot of him that shows all of those traits!!

Yes... it is a pet photo....and I know how a lot of photogs feel about that...

Cheers, joe

Last edited:
This dog is too cute... At first I was like whoa... but just the tongue crooked and mouth he is so cute. Nice shot.

Awww :) You won't hear me complain about pet portraits, if they are portraits. Snapshots of any kind are a different story.

I think this pic is adorable, but could use a little processing. I hope you don't mind, but I upped the curves and added a little sharpening & contrast to show you some more of the details hidden in the image.

4017361925_9a1109d155_o.jpg

I don't know what you mean by "Yes... it is a pet photo....and I know how a lot of photogs feel about that..." since a lot of photographers have pets and photograph them extensively. I once took part in a annual dog show for a couple years and there was no shortage of photos...

I find your photo quite beautiful. Is this helped by the fact that I had a Lhasa Apso that was ferocious and evil, blind and deaf and ...? Mine was super cute. Maybe that's where the difference is, LOL. She was a shelter dog and she had to be treated with that in mind.

Dogs are most often a reflection of their owners but treat them right and they will do right by you.

Cheers.

I don't know what you mean by "Yes... it is a pet photo....and I know how a lot of photogs feel about that..." since a lot of photographers have pets and photograph them extensively. I once took part in a annual dog show for a couple years and there was no shortage of photos...

I find your photo quite beautiful. Is this helped by the fact that I had a Lhasa Apso that was ferocious and evil, blind and deaf and ...? Mine was super cute. Maybe that's where the difference is, LOL. She was a shelter dog and she had to be treated with that in mind.

Dogs are most often a reflection of their owners but treat them right and they will do right by you.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments and the wonderful edit.

As for "pet photography".... Noting is wrong with pet photography as long as it is real photography....But so many times you find pet photography as a snapshot and they are only special to the photographers because they love their pets?

Did that make sense?:confused:

Cheers and thanks again!

Joe

Hello

Its really cute but at first look it seems scary. A good photography from your side.
Thanks for sharing

I think it's really cute. I have one dog that is exactly the same way. Mean, grumpy, and blind but still cute at the same time.

Thanks for the comments...Here is a shot of our other two normal children...lol

The first is Miss Lucy she is a border Collie that is smarter than I am...lol

And this is Jethro... He is very loyal and very wet all the time....He spends more time in the pool than he does on solid ground....lol

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back