Home Made Lighting. Anyone try it?

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am kind of on a budget and am fairly new to photography. I was reading a book at borders about DIY home studios. I was wondering if anyone has tried it of has had any success from it. so far i have only purchased a 6 dollar garage clamping light lol.

would it be easier to drop 150ish on a lighting kit on ebay? lol i want to push out door shots to people but they may want to shoot indoors too.

thanks

I dont own any formal studio lighting. I use the halogen work lights from HomeDepot and, homemade reflectors whenI do use lighting. Which is very seldom. I use my SB600 more.

Everything I've ever posted here was shot with either natural light, or a $20 work light from Lowe's.

As long as you can correct the WB, it's not bad. Far from optimal, but not bad.

i have a sb600 as well. i just want to be able to take decent portraits inside lol. i was thinking of making like 3 or 4 lights (back ground, hair light, fill, main) is that wrong or too much? lol

walmart has hanging under cabinet lights for 10 a piece. thinking that those might be ok. i dont know what type of bulb to buy

"People" will still be mostly a no-go though, those work lights just aren't bright enough. And damn, they are hot, lol.

"People" will still be mostly a no-go though, those work lights just aren't bright enough. And damn, they are hot, lol.

holy crap yeah they are haha. those would probably be used for other things.i might just keep the one i have and get florescent or led lights

Most reactions

New Topics

Back