Hong Kong garden: "The trunk" by Pascal Riben

Pascal,

Although I like some of your pictures, I will not be looking at any of them any more for the simple reason that you aren't looking at anyone else's images to give comments or critiques.
This is a community that is only productive if we all take part; you aren't doing any posting except to your own images so, for that reason alone, I'm boycotting your stuff.

Lew

I'm of 2 minds on this. His posts are verging on spam in a sense. They seem like more of an attempt to get traffic to his site than anything else.
It's not the first forum that felt this way about his posts either.

On the other hand, he is posting his work and accepting comments without being defensive. Some of it is quite good - if a bit repetitive.
I'd rather see someone who puts his work up for comment than all the pompous, blowhard, know-it-alls that post next to none of their own work.
And when they do post, it looks like they don't listen to their own BS.

It is what it is.

the solution is simple.
do what I do. look at the photo posted directly on TPF, but don't click any links. comment as you like.
alternatively, dont click on any of his threads if you dont wish to see the links.

A fragile plant is 'trying' to grow as straight as a strong tree. This guy is too weak in the company of strong guys. But he still trying. This is the philosophical content I draw from this picture. Of course this is not what Pascal meant when he took the picture (I think), but a good picture has more than one meaning and the author can not do anything about it. :D

The plant has a nice embroidery effect with unusual texture and looks like a man made ornament. And this is another point of interest: sometimes there is not that much distance between nature and man made things..

Last edited:
A fragile plant is 'trying' to grow as straight as a strong tree. This guy is too weak in the company of strong guys. But he still trying. This is the philosophical content I draw from this picture. Of course this is not what Pascal meant when he took the picture, but a good picture has more than one meaning and the author can not do anything about it. :D

The plant has a nice embroidery effect with unusual texture and looks like it was man made ornament. And this is another point of interest: sometimes there is not that much distance between nature and man made things..

Thanks sashbar! Is your book advancing? :mrgreen:

A fragile plant is 'trying' to grow as straight as a strong tree. This guy is too weak in the company of strong guys. But he still trying. This is the philosophical content I draw from this picture. Of course this is not what Pascal meant when he took the picture, but a good picture has more than one meaning and the author can not do anything about it. :D

The plant has a nice embroidery effect with unusual texture and looks like it was man made ornament. And this is another point of interest: sometimes there is not that much distance between nature and man made things..

Yes, I am finishing the plot :D
By the way this plant looks like a tattoo on somebody's arm.

Yes, I am finishing the plot :D
By the way this plant looks like a tattoo on somebody's arm.

:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back