Hoops at sunrise

It helps to always ask yourself why you shot a picture a certain way. Questions like: what does this composition mean to me? What was going through my mind when i wanted to get a certain picture? Review your own pictures and think about what you like and what you don't like in a picture. That place looks like a beautiful scenery.

I really enjoy this image but the central point being the sun is very distracting to me. I would consider hiding it behind the tree or composing the shot so that the sun was on the side of the frame.

Thanks everyone! Hamlet, this was literally the last shot I took - I had everything set up nice for a beach/sunrise shot with just the trees, and it was in walking back to the car that I turned around and liked the look of the basketball net silhouetted against such a dramatic sky.

WY Photo, is this a better crop?

oct 8 different crop by civgirlca, on Flickr

Reminds me of a shot I have of Hoops at Sunset ... I guess that's the dif between the East and West coasts.

_1090417.jpg

Haha, the sun goes down there and comes up here? Although mine is Lake Ontario, so I could just drive a few hours to get the opposite direction. That's a beauty shot, btw, love the colours.

Thanks again! Even though WY Photo didn't respond yet, the new crop is really making me happy. That's why I like coming here!

i like it, the suns not just a giant orange ball, and the basketball goal mixes it up a bit, otherwise, it would be a standard sunset shot, with what appears to be a high f#, also, i think the goal adds a needed frame of reference to make the back ground sortof expand behind it, and adds a sense of anticipation, like maybe there's going to be a game here later, and it's about to get real, lol.

Haha, the sun goes down there and comes up here? Although mine is Lake Ontario, so I could just drive a few hours to get the opposite direction. That's a beauty shot, btw, love the colours.

Thanks again! Even though WY Photo didn't respond yet, the new crop is really making me happy. That's why I like coming here!
Right, I never thought about driving to the other side.

I like the original version, but for some reason I'd like to see it flipped, so that the goal is on the other side, but that's not a critique, I'm just weird

Most reactions

New Topics

Back