horse trials (3pics)

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
when we visited arley at weekend we could see the arley horse trials going on in the next field, but we could not access it, so i took some shots from about 150yds away, but with being on a lower level ground i could'nt get high enough above the grass to eliminate it, ahh well! thanks for looking.

arleygardensvarious067.jpg

arleygardensvarious032.jpg

arleygardensvarious066.jpg

Grass or no grass ... you managed to get so close to things (by extending your tele to the max, I assume) that we are "right there". The first is absolutely fascinating with all the action of both horses, the whip, and the drivers. I love the expressions on the faces of the drivers!

Perfectly well focused! Camera held very still - at how many mm? WOW. :thumbsup:

Is the grass really as yellow?

wow absolutely thanks for your great comments, Lafoto, Raymond, and peter, you have made my day!
Lafoto, yes you are right if my tele came out any more i would need a rest to put it on, i had to lean on a post to hold it steady, and the grass is a bit sun scorched in that field, hence the tone, thanks again.

with permission from dalebe I messed a bit with the fisrt shot in PS.. Not sure of I like the fist version or the 2nd best.. I might do a third tonight when I have more time.

thanks delebe, hope you like what i did..

arleygardensvarious067a.jpg

arleygardensvarious067b01websize.jpg

I actually think the grass the in foreground lends something to the first shot. Just my opinion.

wow thanks a lot raymond! i love what you have done with this, the cloning is superb, the second is my favorite, no background distractions atall, great job.
thanks photo gal and manaheim for your great comments.

dalebe said:
wow thanks a lot raymond! i love what you have done with this, the cloning is superb, the second is my favorite, no background distractions atall, great job.
thanks photo gal and manaheim for your great comments.

you are welcome, it's all cool.. I will try to take the white fence out and see if that works.. Just got in, maybe I will have energy tomorrow to do it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back