Hot stuff

Really like the dreamlike quality and the colors. Just an opinion, but I wonder how it would look if there was a little more luminosity in the highlights and midtones.

Really like the dreamlike quality and the colors. Just an opinion, but I wonder how it would look if there was a little more luminosity in the highlights and midtones.

Agree. Like this:

flower.jpg

Joe

I have no way of knowing if your choice of colors were intentional or chance. However you got there, they are supposedly the "psychological primaries" of those who dream in color (red, yellow, blue and green) You pretty much nailed every one of them. Supposedly the balance of these colors in dreams, is the symbolic representation of the state of completion or balance of the personality. Or some other Psychology mumble jumble :icon_compress:

@Ysarex yup that's right along the line I was thinking. I think a little of the same on the 2nd image would make it pop as well.

I have no way of knowing if your choice of colors were intentional or chance. However you got there, they are supposedly the "psychological primaries" of those who dream in color (red, yellow, blue and green) You pretty much nailed every one of them. Supposedly the balance of these colors in dreams, is the symbolic representation of the state of completion or balance of the personality. Or some other Psychology mumble jumble :icon_compress:

@Ysarex yup that's right along the line I was thinking. I think a little of the same on the 2nd image would make it pop as well.

Total chance. Was just looking for some seasonal colors when I bought the flowers.

I see another abstract watercolour in my future.

Love the second one.

Total chance.

Then if you believe all the Psychology mumble jumble and subscribe to the laws of probability, you must have two very distinct personalities in flux. One in completion/stability (photo 1) and one in flux (photo 2). LOL

Total chance.

Then if you believe all the Psychology mumble jumble and subscribe to the laws of probability, you must have two very distinct personalities in flux. One in completion/stability (photo 1) and one in flux (photo 2). LOL

We disagree with you on that.

Are those self portraits? I think so...

Those are very nice. If they were totally by chance, you have great luck!

Thanks! The photos were not by chance but the psychological balance of the colors that he was referring to was just a coincidence - or perhaps mother nature is psychologically in balance herself since she put the colors together.

Good stuff.

Thanks Gary!

These are quite beautiful, but I agree with smoke665 -- both images could use more luminosity, like Ysarex's edit.

Thanks. I think I may have desaturated these just a bit because I wanted them to be a touch softer looking and that likely is what you are both seeing. Unfortunately I only have jpegs of these because I inadvertently messed up my camera settings the other night and didn't realize I was shooting in jpeg only.

These are quite beautiful, but I agree with smoke665 -- both images could use more luminosity, like Ysarex's edit.

Thanks. I think I may have desaturated these just a bit because I wanted them to be a touch softer looking and that likely is what you are both seeing. Unfortunately I only have jpegs of these because I inadvertently messed up my camera settings the other night and didn't realize I was shooting in jpeg only.[/QUOTE]

You can always convert your jpgs into tiffs so you can make changes and not lose any data.

Most reactions

Back