Hotel Flower Studio

I want to say something smart and funny, but can't. For limited resources and location. These are beyond excellent!

Thanks, Bring it on! Lol
More to the point of being speachless in the shots for the conditions you did them in. To the detrement of all the gear sellers. Your shots are proof you don't need 10k in gear to get excellent results!!!

That is a significant compliment, thank you very much. I do try hard to get it right in camera which is why these somewhat, boring images, work on some level. They are not SOOC but pretty close, I spent about a minute or two on each one in post. natural light is such a dream to work with. I can now literally look at a window and see what is available to my camera, or at least with flowers. I want to start getting more involved with natural light people photography but finding the models can be a challenge. I seen a couple people at the hotel that would have been good subject but it is not a good ethical decision to direct that. I have no business being alone with a female as I am married.

My wife won best of show in a State Fair here in Maine several years ago with a picture of one of our dogs looking out a kitchen window. Just as you describe, very nice natural light coming through the window. And of course a good selection of aperture and very sharp focus. Yes, we have equipment and technology that can simulate and adjust to bring photos to a higher output. But it's hard to beat a properly exposed picture in good natural light!

I want to say something smart and funny, but can't. For limited resources and location. These are beyond excellent!

Thanks, Bring it on! Lol
More to the point of being speachless in the shots for the conditions you did them in. To the detrement of all the gear sellers. Your shots are proof you don't need 10k in gear to get excellent results!!!

That is a significant compliment, thank you very much. I do try hard to get it right in camera which is why these somewhat, boring images, work on some level. They are not SOOC but pretty close, I spent about a minute or two on each one in post. natural light is such a dream to work with. I can now literally look at a window and see what is available to my camera, or at least with flowers. I want to start getting more involved with natural light people photography but finding the models can be a challenge. I seen a couple people at the hotel that would have been good subject but it is not a good ethical decision to direct that. I have no business being alone with a female as I am married.
I take it your wife reads this forum? ;)

Lol, I don't think she does but who knows, she has access to everything. I always strive to live by the integrity of my beliefs. I do not believe it is in my, nor my wife's best interest, for me to be alone with another woman. It is not that I can't control myself or that I have promiscuous thoughts. It is just logical to me to avoid those situations where the opportunity arises.

Good to see you stopped down and on the slow shutter speeds!
Hedgecoe would be proud of you.

Good to see you stopped down and on the slow shutter speeds!
Hedgecoe would be proud of you.
Thanks. Yeah, at f/8 it is too sharp, almost steril.

These are stunning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back