Hotshots (6th Grade Girls Soccer) C&C Welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally some outdoor sports. No more gyms lit by candlelight any more for a few months!:lmao:

Daughters 2nd game of the spring season. 1st game was a downpour so I left the camera at home. Thanks for looking.

1. Fighting for the ball

KelseyFightingforBall-1.jpg

2. Don't kick to me!

OhNoes.jpg

3. On Goal!

Kateshooting-1.jpg

4. Huge Crop, opposite end of field @200mm

CaraEdited.jpg

5. Original Image of #4 uncropped.
IMG_1690.jpg

I like #3, it's caught just before the peak of the action. You have the face, action, and exposure is close (I would say it could use a hair more without blowing out the sun side of her face). The others I wouldn't use.

These don't look to be as sharp as we've been seeing from you. I see that you are using the 1.4X TC, could that maybe be an issue?

They still look decent, just not critically sharp. Shutter speed at 1/1000 should be good enough, so I can can only assume that it's a focus issue or maybe that the sharpness is suffering because of the TC.

Nice job capturing the action, and the exposure look pretty good (maybe could be a touch brighter).

These don't look to be as sharp as we've been seeing from you. I see that you are using the 1.4X TC, could that maybe be an issue?

They still look decent, just not critically sharp. Shutter speed at 1/1000 should be good enough, so I can can only assume that it's a focus issue or maybe that the sharpness is suffering because of the TC.

Nice job capturing the action, and the exposure look pretty good (maybe could be a touch brighter).

My thoughts exactly.

BTW, OP... also not sure if you're doing this, but putting your camera into auto-fire and holding down the shutter button when stuff is happening can be a good idea when doing stuff like this. That way you can get the ideal frame in the second or two, vs. just missing it. Just a thought.

Looking back, I agree Mike. I think that I may have left the IS 'on'! I meant to turn it off, and I've been reading that at high shutter speeds it can actually cause a bit of OOF.

I'll double check next outing to make sure it is turned off. Thanks for looking and the comments.

My thoughts exactly.

BTW, OP... also not sure if you're doing this, but putting your camera into auto-fire and holding down the shutter button when stuff is happening can be a good idea when doing stuff like this. That way you can get the ideal frame in the second or two, vs. just missing it. Just a thought.

I always shoot on auto fire. With the T3i, I am getting about 3.5 per sec, shooting in RAW + Jpeg eats up the buffer pretty quick. Only get about 4 pictures in burst before it needs to pause to write to card. I'm using a '10' card for max speed.

See my comments to Mike for the others. Thank you for your suggestions.

Most reactions

Back