What's new

House Fire!

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
5,341
Reaction score
4,116
Location
Scituate, MA.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
House fire caused by electricity come on after blizzard.

$TMS_5195.webp

$TMS_5482.webp

$TMS_5248.webp

$TMS_5352.webp

$TMS_5546.webp
 
Wow; not your house was it?!? Was anyone inside, and did they get out safely?

No not my house thankfully. The gentleman in the dark coat in the last picture is the owner. No one was home when the fire started.
 
Good catch on the action. Did you get any of the firefighters on the ground doing things?

I do wonder about the tactics they used on this from what I can see in the photos, didn't do the homeowner any favors.
 
Good catch on the action. Did you get any of the firefighters on the ground doing things?

I do wonder about the tactics they used on this from what I can see in the photos, didn't do the homeowner any favors.

Thanks. I didn't get there until after they had struck a second box. They stated with an interior attack but where forced out twice. This house was built in 1880 with Balloon style framing, which all leads to all sorts of trouble.
 
Balloon framing is a bad deal if it starts low in the structure, but this sure looks like it started on floor 2 which means an upper story and attic. Should have been a simple interior with two lines and pull the ceilings to get to the attic from inside.

but I like the pictures, I still like to see the action away from the flames. It sometimes tells a different story of what is going on.
 
Balloon framing is a bad deal if it starts low in the structure, but this sure looks like it started on floor 2 which means an upper story and attic. Should have been a simple interior with two lines and pull the ceilings to get to the attic from inside.

but I like the pictures, I still like to see the action away from the flames. It sometimes tells a different story of what is going on.

They're saying the fire started on the first floor C side where electrical line entered the building. This was an unoccupied summer house. Neighbor heard fire and called it in.

Here's some ground pictures.

$TMS_5394.webp

$TMS_5309.webp

$TMS_5371.webp

$TMS_5070-2.webp

$TMS_5136.webp
 
I like the last pic of each set. good shots.

on the last pic of set 1, I think if you crop it, it would be improved tenfold. bring it in from bottom right. cut out that stuff on right and bottom. Shows the story better, emotion from the subjects and action in the background.
;-)
 
Unoccupied summer house, then they did perfect, no sense getting in there and getting someone hurt for something that can easily be rebuilt. After 35 years and still counting it's always a good thing when everyone goes home unhurt at the end of a shift.

I like the last set with all the "ground" action, we always see the flames since it's kind of the moth to the flame thing, but there is so much more going on around it that gets missed.
 
Unoccupied summer house, then they did perfect, no sense getting in there and getting someone hurt for something that can easily be rebuilt. After 35 years and still counting it's always a good thing when everyone goes home unhurt at the end of a shift.
I like the last set with all the "ground" action, we always see the flames since it's kind of the moth to the flame thing, but there is so much more going on around it that gets missed.

Thanks. So true. My father was a captain for 35 years so I've been at fire scenes since the early 60's. Kind of gets in the family's blood too.
 
you didnt have any problem from authorities shooting these?
 
you didnt have any problem from authorities shooting these?

No. As long as you stay back well out of the way. I also send a few pictures to the firefighters I know which leads to email request from others.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom