house on a hill rework for c&c

Carla_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How's this one? I might go back one more time when there is some sun in the sky:er:.

houseonahill2web.jpg

Here is the original thread

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...orum-photo-gallery/235229-house-hill-c-c.html

I like the concept, but it kind of seems like the boats are more in focus than the house. I'd say a bigger aperture would get it done. Maybe 16 or 22.

Other than that I like the photo, you have the rule of thirds. The boats lead into your subject.

I'm a n00b myself though.

I like this more than the last one you did, but it needs straightening and perhaps a slightly wider focal length would be better because the house is a bit too close to the edges of the frame. But a big improvement on the last one!

I couldn't help trying something, hope you don't mind. I adjusted the levels which makes the colors stronger, and rotated the image slightly to put the waterline horizontal.

The edit is just like I would have ideally wanted to see the photo. Nicely done.
Photo as such is better than the first, no doubt! But the changes that Niels tentatively brought about do need to be brought about, I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back