Hovatter's Zoo (Pt.3)

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are the last of the images taken from Hovatter's Zoo I'm going to share. Thanks for viewing!

#1 (The cats were most impressive. I think they were our favorites)

500_1064 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

#2 (the male Lion - shown in Part 2 - was at the opposite end of the compound. The Lioness is shown here - both would call back & forth to each other.)

500_1090 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

#3 (There were about four Giraffes as far as we could tell. This is one of the young ones.)

500_1168 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

#4 (There was a whole aviary full of different colored Macaws.)

500_1158 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

#5 (We almost missed this guy. He had his own aviary to himself. The bars to the cage was the biggest problem)

500_1174 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

#6 (This is not a good image of the chimpanzee. There were two of them isolated in a double cage. There was a sign warning visitors not to get very close because they would throw poop. This image doesn't really portray the sadness in this guy's eyes. They showed their intelligence and one could tell, although there was two of them, they acted lonely and desired more human interaction)

500_1176 (LRGCR)1500x844.jpg

JT

Unfortunately, zoos are a necessary evil. They are also very hard to photograph in, but you did a nice job here.

The Macaw's eye really caught my eye, too! Nice set.

I don't look at zoos as necessary evils because what many people don't know is that a lot of the animals kept in zoos were actually rescued either as injured animals in the wild, or from people who obtained them illegally, etc. The zoo is often their only option to survive. And then we get the opportunity to see all these awesome critters up close that we probably would never see otherwise. Yay!

Most reactions

Back