Hoverfly TQ 40104 68783

IMG_9334_Hoverfly by davholla2002, on Flickr

Dark-edged bee-fly (Bombylius major)
Hutchinson's Bank Nature Reserve, New Addington TQ 38029 61893

IMG_9341_Bee_fly by davholla2002, on Flickr

I think common wasp Queen, Vespula Vulgaris,
TQ 42847 70813

EF7A3335_Common_Wasp by davholla2002, on Flickr

Beautiful shots - respect also for daring to have a wasp on your finger!

Beautiful shots - respect also for daring to have a wasp on your finger!
Thank you it is actually a bee - but it does look very wasp like.

Nice set of little stingers. Bees are great subjects to shoot. Most people are terrified of them but I've found over the years that as long as you're slow and don't act invasive to them... I've never once had an issue with them - even hives.

Nice set of little stingers. Bees are great subjects to shoot. Most people are terrified of them but I've found over the years that as long as you're slow and don't act invasive to them... I've never once had an issue with them - even hives.
Although be very careful with orange bags. In the UK a supermarket gives out long lasting orange bags which do attract bees. I had my gardening stuff in one once, I went to pick it up and accidentally brushed a bee. Not a very pleasant experience.

Although be very careful with orange bags. In the UK a supermarket gives out long lasting orange bags which do attract bees. I had my gardening stuff in one once, I went to pick it up and accidentally brushed a bee. Not a very pleasant experience.
While we were at Bryce Canyon, one of my granddaughters was wearing a bright yellow top, and a bee decided she was a large flower and started buzzing around her.

Most reactions

Back