How about a Other Section?

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nkon, Canon , for sure (still haven't figured out Sony yet). How about an Other category? It seems that there are a few more interested in other formats, m43, high end compacts, Pentax, etc.....

Just a thought.

Far as I know the three we have at present are suspect in if they will stay as part of the long term site structure or not.

Far as I know the three we have at present are suspect in if they will stay as part of the long term site structure or not.
Ooohhhh, that said, it's an ill conceived pre-condition from the onset. Why would you wannt to segregate systems, really. What benefit would it serve if a newbie asked a question about .... let's say a lens and it happened to be about a Canon lens. Why would Nikon users want to answer...... Oh, I know....... because the admin staff................................ I transgress.

Dump the whole idea of interest catagories altogether then. What possible use could they serve?

It would be a shame if this forum lacked the wherewithall in the progression of the industry. Bob said it best..... Times They are a-Changin ....

This forum needs three categories: 1) C&C MY Piccies, then 2)Active Posts, then finally 3) New Posts. ALL the rest of the 101 sub-categories amount to little more than administrative masturbation and senseless micro-managing of the unmanageable, for some ill-conceived reasons that nobody in "authority" has deigned to articulate to the core membership here.

I agree with Derrel, there are WAYY too many categories - the majority of forumers only stick to 2 or 3 of them anyways -_-

*finds it amusing that people who never ever browse the forum subcategories and always use new and active posts always complain the most about the subforums they self-admittedly don't use -- save when making a thread of course ;) *

As for the forum structure, its there to provide a clear display of the sites content to new and existing users. A single menu structure can work, but only with a very very small population (ie the typical population you'd get on most average flickr groups, where there is only one single list of content). When you have a larger population you have to segment the content, otherwise you'd all be complaining that posts fell of page 1 too fast - then we'd extend it till the single page was showing a long list of posts (say 50-100) and then you'd all be complaining that you can't find anything specific because its all a big jumble.
And that is just for existing members - for new members it would similarly be a very messy interface to view and very hard for them to get an idea of the sites features and overall content.

In addition you can search the site based on limited segments - finding info on, lets say, specific camera models is much easier when you can limit the search to only the tech subsection and thus get results more in line with what you're after, rather than pulling up every single thread where a camera model is mentioned (which would likely pull up loads of photo threads with no tech details and the like).

Last edited:
Overread said:
*finds it amusing that people who never ever brows the forum subcategories and always use new and active posts always complain the most about the subforums they self-admittedly don't use -- save when making a thread of course ;) *

As for the forum structure, its there to provide a clear display of the sites content to new and existing users. A single menu structure can work, but only with a very very small population (ie the typical population you'd get on most average flickr groups, where there is only one single list of content). When you have a larger population you have to segment the content, otherwise you'd all be complaining that posts fell of page 1 too fast - then we'd extend it till the single page was showing a long list of posts (say 50-100) and then you'd all be complaining that you can't find anything specific because its all a big jumble.
And that is just for existing members - for new members it would similarly be a very messy interface to view and very hard for them to get an idea of the sites features and overall content.

In addition you can search the site based on limited segments - finding info on, lets say, specific camera models is much easier when you can limit the search to only the tech subsection and thus get results more in line with what you're after, rather than pulling up every single thread where a camera model is mentioned (which would likely pull up loads of photo threads with no tech details and the like).

tldnr (;

(WHACK!) slapping Tevo! :) tldnr, indeed!

cgipson1 said:
(WHACK!) slapping Tevo! :) tldnr, indeed!

lol I read it, and I agree -_- previous statement withdrawn

Most reactions

New Topics

Back