How do I...

gabelimom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...view my photos on a computer screen as I shoot them? I have a Nikon D70, and would love to see what I'm shooting on a larger computer screen as opposed to the tiny LCD. On a previous shoot, I thought the images looked dandy on the LCD, and it turned out that they were (gasp!) blurry! Do I need special cables, software, etc.? Thanks in advance!!! :D

i'm not sure how to do it as i've never done it.....but other than using that method.....what you can also do is zoom in on the little LCD (zoom al the way in until you can see each single pixel.........that way you can tell whether the subject is in focus or not.....and is as good as a screen for local focus checking......and only good for local because the screen is too little.....takes too long to check large area but doable..... (what i usually do.....i can't possibly carry an LCD with me anywhere i go.....is just not practical)

It's called shooting tethered. It depends on what interface your camera has, either USB or Firewire. You'll need the appropriate cable and you should have software that came with your camera.

As I recall, there's a disk with the D70 that has "capture" on it. With the provided cables you can release to shutter with the computer keyboard and the shot comes up on the computer screen. This might work with a wireless remote as well....I haven't tried that yet.

However, this is great for indoors.....outdoors presents a whole new approach with a laptop, cables, etc.

I'm interested to hear from others also.....:er:

I just bought Nikon Capture for my D80 which allows you to view your shots on a computer screen as well as save directly to your computer if you want. I am pretty sure that it works for the D70 as well.

Most reactions

Back