how do people make money with all these freebies all over the internet?

why do they make these videos showing how to convert a low res image to high res image. If people can do that Then how are these photographers going to make money? Wouldn't it be easier on their living making. If people went to them to have that done instead? Just a thought.
Yes, I suppose people can do that on their own, but they will have to learn the software, and then essentially steal the image.

Yes, it would be easier to earn a living if everyone actually bought the images from the original artist, but since people are cheap and will steal, the original photographer is losing income.

Perhaps at some point, the original owner of the photograph will charge what the buyers are willing to pay, then the customers will not have to do the editing themselves.

what we have a shortage of isn't photographers or paid photographers but creativity, myself included. (how do you like that thread derail)

Same for my electrical work. Craigslist is chock-full of laid-off second-year apprentices who know just enough to wire a house, and willing to do so for pizza and beer money. But I have no problems keeping busy charging 5 times what they do.

So do you ask for 5 slices of pizza and 1 beer or 5 beer and 1 slice?

what we have a shortage of isn't photographers or paid photographers but creativity, myself included. (how do you like that thread derail)
what thread derail?

why do they make these videos showing how to convert a low res image to high res image. If people can do that Then how are these photographers going to make money? Wouldn't it be easier on their living making. If people went to them to have that done instead? Just a thought.

Once upon the time, the new photographer profession killed one old and stablished profession: painting. Painters probably asked very similar questions at the time, about these photographers...

Decades laters, the profession of phtographers is being challenged in many ways (cell phone popularization, for instance), and will continue to be. However, just like you still have some painter around us today (not as a major professio), you may still see photographers around us tomorrow as well, in a similar way.

And life goes one... One day something else will come and change it all over again... It's the evolution of life...

Be happy!

Most reactions

Back