How do you do a double exposure with digital?

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you do a double exposure with a digital camera?

spaceball.gif
Photo shop? But then it won't look the same. My only guess is bulb with the lights off and use strobes. But again, it won't look like a true double exposure.

Right?

Look in your camera manual. My D90 has a function in the menus that allows me to turn multiple exposures on or off. I found it by accident one day. It lets you do 2 or 3 exposures.

as alex has suggested check your camera type. In the past few years this function has been available however, earlier digital cameras and even some entery level cameras do not allow this function

I don't think Canon DSLR cameras have that ability.

Photo shop? But then it won't look the same.
No, it would probably look better. ;)

Photo shop? But then it won't look the same.
I'm looking for the ghostly look. Can PS do that?

Photoshop can do whatever you can press the buttons for. Messed up progress report in high school? Easy fix. Photoshopping a C*** in front of a dbags mouth and leaving it all over campus? Easy fix.

Taking two pictures of the same area with different things in them and blending layers and changing opacity settings? Come on. It isn't hard. Google. Bing. Yahoo. Dogpile. You have a keyboard and functioning fingers yes?

I'm looking for the ghostly look. Can PS do that?

Photoshop can do whatever you can press the buttons for. Messed up progress report in high school? Easy fix. Photoshopping a C*** in front of a dbags mouth and leaving it all over campus? Easy fix.

Taking two pictures of the same area with different things in them and blending layers and changing opacity settings? Come on. It isn't hard. Google. Bing. Yahoo. Dogpile. You have a keyboard and functioning fingers yes?

Didn't think about opacity...

For HS i would always us MS word to create my own report card with letterhead and everything.

to bad PS cost an arm and a leg

ghost car in 6 easy steps

1. Take photo of scene with car using tripod
2. Move car, don't move camera
3. Take photo of scene without car
4. Download photos from camera
5. Stack layers in photoshop
6. Change opacity of top layer to ~50% (it doesn't matter which photo is on top)

success!

Most reactions

Back