how do you use live view and view from a laptop?

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
trying to figure it out but cant seem to find a way. I have lightroom 5 and a d800e if that helps.

thanks

If I understand correctly, you're wanting your camera plugged into the laptop, with the view live on the screen? Being able to control it from there?

Ok... In Lightroom, have you pulled down the file menu and selected "Tethered Capture" (camera does need to be hooked up and on so it's detected)

that doesnt work. that just lets me take a picture and then it load up on the screen. I want to use it as a live view monitor.

that doesnt work. that just lets me take a picture and then it load up on the screen. I want to use it as a live view monitor.

That requires special remote software...

NKRemote - Breeze Systems Nikon camera control software for Nikon D7000, Nikon D90, Nikon D5000, Nikon D300, Nikon D700, Nikon D3 or Nikon D200

Camera Control Pro 2 from Nikon

ControlMyNikon - Learn More

Remote Camera Control and Tethered Shooting Software for Nikon DSLR Remote DSLR Control

Some focus stacking software will do this also. There are also apps for phones and tablets that will do this...

Ah ok.. well I have used lightroom to make tethered captures, but for live view my camera software does that. I use Canon and the Canon EOS Utility, which allows live view.. Does your Nikon have software that allows that?

You could also take a look at this...

ControlMyNikon - Learn More

This states supporting Live View for the D800E

Though I really am surprised Nikon doesn't include that with it's software... Canon EOS Utility comes with the camera and can do live view.

I downloaded control my nikon and so far its exactly what i was looking for. thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back