• D70 camera body
  • 50mm f1.4 D AF super fast prime lens
  • 24mm f2.8 D AF wide angle prime lens
  • 2 rechargeable batteries, 1 emergency alkaline enclosure, charging station
  • Nikon neck strap
  • Original packaging and manuals
  • The Wiley Nikon D70 Field Guide
  • Nikon Remote
I've been looking at some reviews and it seems to be pretty good with the lenses, but I'm not sure I understood everything. I was also wondering if the camera is good enough that I'll still be happy with it for a while as I grow in skill.

Well it's on craigslist, so it really depends on if the seller is honest. Thanks for the site though, I've never seen it before and it looks like it's really helpful. I'll have to remember that.

I found an ad for a like new Nikon D70 for $550. It comes with
  • D70 camera body
  • Nikon neck strap
  • Nikon Remote
I've been looking at some reviews and it seems to be pretty good with the lenses, but I'm not sure I understood everything. I was also wondering if the camera is good enough that I'll still be happy with it for a while as I grow in skill.

sounds like a great deal! i would jump at that price!

I think its an amazing price, make sure the transaction takes place in person. I just bought a canon ef 50mm f/1.4 at b&h and it goes for $325 alone. With all those goodies I would be all over it.

Nick

Those lenses are 'almost' worth the price by themselves. I own the 24mm f/2.8D and on my d70, it's my main lens due to the cropped sensor. I still use it a lot on my F100 too, but not quite as much because of the full frame. The 50mm f/1.4 is great too.

As far as the d70 being 'good enough' I guess that depends on what you expect from it. The camera has been out since (I think) '03, so it's not exactly 'new' technology. High ISO can leave a lot to be desired with noise, but noise reduction software can help you there. You can get great images from it to be sure. I still use mine when I want a quick shot, or want to experiment (I shoot mostly film nowadays) I don't really have a desire to upgrade, unless I had the money for a d700 or d3, which I don't.

Last edited:
I found an ad for a like new Nikon D70 for $550. It comes with
  • D70 camera body
  • Nikon neck strap
  • Nikon Remote

Great deal!

Used values:

D70 = $350+
50mm 1.4 = $200+
24mm f2.8 = $100+

As for the D70, I think it's a better camera then the very popular d40 because of it's focus motor and extra buttons. Both are 6mp cameras and both have about the same noise levels (the d40 does a bit better job in noise-reduction, but you can do that outside the camera anyway).

The only thing that may annoy you about the d70 is the lcd screen size, it's pitifully small.

Thanks for the help guys, unfortunately someone else got there about an hour before I did and bought the camera. I ended up going with one I saw on ebay. It's a Cannon EOS Digital Rebel XSi with

· 58mm Wide Angle Lens

· SANDISK 4GB Secure Digital EXTREME III Memory Card

· SANDISK 4GB Secure Digital EXTREME III Memory Card

· Sandisk MicroMate for SDHC memory cards

· Heavy Duty Aluminum Hard Case

· Deluxe Soft Carrying Case

· Deluxe Video & Photo Tripod

· Flexible Table Top Tripod

· Digital Slave Flash 318AF

· 58mm 2x Telephoto Lens

· Deluxe Lens Optics Cleaning Kit (lck)

· SCREEN PROTECTORS

· Canon 28-90mm F4-5.6 III AF Lens

· 58mm 3 Piece Filter Kit #FLK58mm

· Sigma 70-300MM F4-5.6 DG Macro Lens

It ended up being just short of a thousand dollars.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back