How many photoshopers are there?

Cool Kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, guys. I'm a newbie to photography, but I like to edit images in photoshop. How many people are there using photoshop, for creating, for example wallpapers etc?

I use it but just for advanced stuff, otherwise I normally use Lightroom most of the time.

When I was younger and interested in graphic design, I loved playing around with Photoshop and Illustrator. I'd create backgrounds with all sorts of designs and whatnot. I slowly had less and less time to play around for fun and eventually stopped altogether.

Nowadays, I agree with astro. I use PS for photos when I need to, otherwise I stick to LR. Sadly, I don't have access to Illustrator anymore.

After the better part of two decades of using Photoshop as my main image editing tool, I bought a copy of Lightroom in 2012. Since 2012, I have quit using Photoshop for the majority of the stuff I do with photos. Text overlayment is still the domain of PS for me, as is intensive retouching of small errors and problems. As astroNikon wrote above, for "advanced stuff, Photoshop is still a very,very useful tool. But seriously, I no longer feel much of a true "need" for Photoshop, the way I did from 1997-2012.

I've never been bitten by the PS bug.

And I hope I never get bit either.

Also, I used to use Illustrator and Micrographix Designer back in the early days. Took a hiatus for a long time before getting back into it. Photoshop is nice with all of it's features, but for running through a bunch of photo images you can't beat Lightroom.

Oh, well... It's bad... You just use editors for color correction? As far as I know Lightroom can give you control over color, not cut background/put over other image. Does anybody create something close to art with photos?

Yes.
D300BSunset11-7-10_0003-40x30.jpg

SunsetFlare-1.jpg

TheRoseD300b12-3-10Smoke2_0054.jpg

PadBArtSquare8-3-10D300A_0009.jpg

DeskTopBkGrnd247_1.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back