How to improve group photo with >8 people

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by gossamer, Mar 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gossamer

gossamer TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Yes, this was with TTL-BL. I'd be willing to use flash in manual mode in a fixed environment, such as perhaps a studio, but when walking around an event, with virtually every shot having a different amount of ambient light, I'm not sure I'd be able to manage manual flash.

I will try that, but with this last event in a school auditorium, the shots I took on a tripod without flash were like 1/40th.

I also need to remember/practice the different sync modes, or is it okay to just leave it in HSS?

2. gossamer

gossamer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have a Sekonic Flashmate and use it with my Flashpoint XPLOR 600. I'm sure it would be easier if I had more practice, but when doing these events that require walking around with every shot a different light exposure, it makes it very difficult.

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Doesn't HSS or FP Synch dramatically cut down the flash unit's effective power?

4. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

yes, which is why when I shot at 1/500sec I had to bump up the flash power significantly to get the same exposure level -- since it was shooting in autoFP.