how to make photo look high def/quality

err Tyler the image in the first link is not the OPs but someone elses (ergo why its a link and not an embedded image).
Also if your going to photoshop someones image do please post how you did it - simply saying you did a bit of editing or a bit of curves can't help them out as they won't know what or how you did things.
I'm not trying to get at you, just give a bit of guidance

Ahh, I see his flickr post. I will post a bit about what I did in a second. I am "working" right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Your shutter speed is way to low, I'm surprised the photos turned out as sharp as they did.

A jet going 300mph moves more then 4 feet in 1/100 of a second!! You should be shooting at 1/1000 or higher IMO.

whilst jets do move shockingly fast when you factor in how high they generally fly in the sky the speed they appear to move at with relation to you on the ground is not that fast - a slower flying, but far closer bird - will need far more shutter speed than a jet high in the air.
You can see this easily when you sit in a car whilst moving, the white lines on the road pass by lightning quick, but the trees next to the road slower, and far out to the horizon things move even slower.

Of course more shutter speed is always desirable, and when its easily availible then its foolish not to go for it. Also a point that just came to me is that of camera shake - the typical rule is that your shutter speed minimum should be 1/focal lenght - so for a 200mm lens its 1/200sec. Its also not advisable to go below around 1/60sec either. Theseare general guidlines but work well and are good to keep in mind when shooting - esp with longer glass

OP - I think your pictures are not bad at all, especially considering your high ISO, ultra-small aperture and low shutter speed combination, plus relatively basic equipment. Take the advice given here and you will be able to improve them a great deal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back