how to make raw edits match the jpg preview?

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure there is really an answer for this but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I LOVE the jpg previews I am getting out of my camera. I get excited about the colors and "feel" and then my program processes the raw file and the colors are completely different. I tried duplicating it by eye and I can't get it right. Is there a way to figure out how my camera processes it's jpg files so I can duplicate the colors?

Download the Nikon preview presets for lr.

Um... why not apply the in-cam settings to the raw data? That's what the camera did to create the JPEG.

Download the Nikon preview presets for lr.
I don't have Lightroom.... But with the way aperture is running lately that might change. Thanks for the suggestion!
Um... why not apply the in-cam settings to the raw data? That's what the camera did to create the JPEG.
Which tab can I find those under?

The presets are proprietary to the camera maker (at least for Canon). You can come close in the post-processing to what the firmware does in camera, but not exactly. If Braineack is correct, then Nikon's somewhat more relaxed about this. I am aware of third-party originators of the presets that claim to be the same as the camera firmware, but I haven't used any and don't know if the claims are accurate or not.

The presets are proprietary to the camera maker (at least for Canon). You can come close in the post-processing to what the firmware does in camera, but not exactly. If Braineack is correct, then Nikon's somewhat more relaxed about this. I am aware of third-party originators of the presets that claim to be the same as the camera firmware, but I haven't used any and don't know if the claims are accurate or not.

Nik has the options for it. In LR I downloaded some free presets that mimic it.

Most reactions

Back