How to Post Photos

Might be a minimum posts limit before you can attach files to posts, I don't know. Just starting out, you might not be able to do that.

A photo hosting site can store the images you want to share, and will provide a link that you use in a forum post to show the image in your post.

Free Photo Hosting Sites:

Postimages — free image hosting / image upload where you want to open a free account so you can control your images. Otherwise, once you upload, they are there, forever, and anyone can use the link. Plus you get nice galleries for your own images, that you can find and re-use over the years.

Upload Image — Free Image Hosting also free and you can create an album of your images, if you open a free account.

Yes there is a size limit, I don't know what it is. I tried one over 5MP and it failed, while just over 2MP did upload. Someone pays for that storage? I tend to consider that and do mine through self hosting.

fossil rock 20220311.jpg
Oh and Insert works for thumbnails too. Nice! It Rocks...

I link pictures on my Flickr site to here. You can join Flickr for free. You copy the special link there and paste it into the message here.

If my picture isn't on FLickr, I can download it here from my computer. Click the Attach File button below and follow the menu.

I up load my photos to a hosting sight ( Imgur.com ). Anytime I want to post a photo to ( thephotoforum.com ) I just copy a link from imgur.com and just post the link to this forum.

Is there a size limit when uploading?

Is there a size limit when uploading?
There is for attachments though I don't know the actual number. I can't attach photos from my iPhone 12 mini without scaling down the size a little. Something to further explore when I have time.

I did some reading and apparently there's a way to set the dimension and the attachments will automatically be compressed and resized. Pretty slick.

Anyway, here's some more. Not the specific question but where the settings are.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back