Humming birds @ Costa Rica - Need C&C

LuigiVN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello people.

In the past days I went shooting humming birds in Cerro de la Muerte, Costa Rica with my camera and a decent lens a friend lended me. I got some decent shots and have edited them a bit after reading some tutorials on bird photography composition. Here's one of them (I'll post some more when I'm done editing):

:V
Original Image:
voriginal.jpg

Cropped & Worked image:

76468657p.jpg

I didn't do sharpening to the bird, just a bit in the eyes, it isn't necesary IMO. Cropped it so the bird isn't in the center of the image, leaving some space so he doesn't look cramped in the shot.

I'm watching ya

Original shot:
mwatchingyaoriginal.jpg

mwatchingya.jpg

Cropped & Sharpened:

mwatchingyaoriginal.jpg
mwatchingya.jpg

(I'm not sure about this one's composition)
Please C&C, do your own editing if you want as suggestions.

Last edited:
The cropped version looks good but the back ground is very noisy. Your profile says its ok to edit your photos hope you didnt mind. All I did was reduce the noise in the background in CS3. To me it really cleans the photo up. The sharpness is very good and great composition.
76468657p1.jpg

Yeah, I tried to remove that noise in PS but All the filter did was add noise to the photo so I left it like that... Guess I need to keep reading tutorials :p. All those hours reading about composition have given fruits :)

Thanks man.

After reading a small tutorial I think I got almost rid of it.. what do you think?

vdenoised.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the first shot (cropped version) - the colours and composition work very well!

The second hummingbird is beautiful, but it's a shame that your photo doesn't include its' tail, that would have made for a much stronger image.

I really like the first shot (cropped version) - the colours and composition work very well!

The second hummingbird is beautiful, but it's a shame that your photo doesn't include its' tail, that would have made for a much stronger image.

Yeah! I would have liked that so much! While reviewing them I just decided to work a bit on it because well... That sharpness cannot be deleted imo...

Great shots..... I love the humming birds..... cant wait to photograph them when I go home.

Great shots..... I love the humming birds..... cant wait to photograph them when I go home.

Thanks man... There are lots and lots of other kinds I'd love to photograph... Are there some more colorful ones in Alaska?

Most reactions

Back