Hung out to dry...

what the heck is that? and why is it hanging? :(

what the heck is that? and why is it hanging? :(
:lol: a deer skeleton, not a "typical" sight but some people do it up here/or down here rather, after they dress it down....makes for a bird feeder for several months.

..a deer skeleton
Considering her screen name is Bambi, it might have been better if you had lied about that. ;)

makes for a bird feeder for several months.
What kind of birds, vultures?

I like odd ball pics like this.

didn't even read the screen name....:lol: too funny
All sorts of birds will stop and peck at it, this time of year its mainly chickadees. There were a couple blue jays on it when I pulled up, I know of another one where the guy didn't put it so close to his house and when I drove past it last week there was a bald eagle on it...holding on for dear life hahaha! that one was swinging from a tree as well and the eagle was going right with it.

All sorts of birds will stop and peck at it, this time of year its mainly chickadees.
Really? I wouldn't have thought of Chickadees as scavengers, but it is winter and bugs are pretty scarce.

I've heard that rodents gnaw bones and shed antlers for the minerals. It would explain why a corpse disappears so completely in the woods. If you check a skeleton out at night, you might catch mice dining.

All sorts of birds will stop and peck at it, this time of year its mainly chickadees.
Really? I wouldn't have thought of Chickadees as scavengers, but it is winter and bugs are pretty scarce.

I've heard that rodents gnaw bones and shed antlers for the minerals. It would explain why a corpse disappears so completely in the woods. If you check a skeleton out at night, you might catch mice dining.

oh I believe it mice are all over up here, but yeah you are correct about chickadees, it really seems they are pecking on everything durring the winter but yeah durring me taking this pic, if I stayed far enough away, there would be a dozen of them on that thing.:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back