What's new

hydra

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
pipes102712.jpg
 
Ken, I'm not feeling the bottom. It throws the balance of the shot off for me. You found some interesting repeating patterns in the pipes. There is no reason to draw the eye to the dark bottom. IMHO :D
Keep shooting, babe!!
 
Thanks to both of you!

As for the roof at the bottom of the shot, for me the image needs to show what the pipes are coming out of. Otherwise, it's like a picture of the Hydra showing just the heads floating without context. Perhaps it has to do with the angle of the shot, since I couldn't get on the roof, and it seems to cut off the bottom of the pipes. If I can get something like this from a different angle I'll definitely post it.
 
Ah...when I was looking at it, I thought minimalist/abstract. I can see I wasn't on the same page w/ your ideas.
Does the roof really add to the story of the shot though? I mean the interest is in the pipes and their lines. Does it matter if they are coming out of the ground or out of a roof? (just playing devil's advocate...;))
 
Thanks to both of you!

As for the roof at the bottom of the shot, for me the image needs to show what the pipes are coming out of. Otherwise, it's like a picture of the Hydra showing just the heads floating without context.

Perhaps it would add a sense of mystery. The viewer would imagine the rest of the pipes as a vast knotted network, with thousands of openings. Now it's just pipes coming out of a roof. I can't speak for everyone, but that was my thought process when I saw the top of the image...and when I scrolled to the bottom.

I like this though, and I look forward to seeing your re-shoot.
 
The viewer would imagine the rest of the pipes as a vast knotted network, with thousands of openings.

An interesting and "twisted" vision! You and mishele may be on to something here. I cropped it on the screen to get rid of the roof and I see how that could work. I'll have to think about it. I might be sorry to lose the black markings lower down on the pipes on the right, but I guess I could move them.
 
Let us know what you come up w/....=)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom