I can't believe I got my buddy to pose for this shot

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it. It's an idea I've had for a while but things kept forcing me to put of shooting it. I think it turned out pretty good. The original idea was to have the toilet on a local beach (on Lake Michigan) where we had the same setup but with a sandy beach, water to the horizon and families/kids frolicking in the background. My buddy wasn't up to lugging that heavy toilet 500 yards from the parking area to the place I wanted to shoot... so I compromised and did my back-up plan... which is what you see here.

Haha!! What a great shot - the lighting gives it such a surreal contrast - I actually thought you had PS'd him and the toilet into the background until I saw your set up! Great job and terrific, creative idea!! You're lucky to have a mate that's willing to do that sort of thing for you!!

Nope, really very little Photoshoping was done. I just desaturated part of the image, bumped the contrast way up in other areas and added a vignette across the bottom half of the image.

My buddy was quite reluctant to do the shot. I kept reminding him how he owed me for past favors. I think I've called them all in at this point. :)

Wonderful. You gotta love the completely original photos!

Very nice photo. Funny too.

But I do prefer it with the horizontal horizon. Then again I'm not big on tilted pictures.

What's with Guns & Ammo mag though? Is it supposed to mean something? I ask because I don't get it. Can't help and think I would have used a House Beautiful mag or a toilet catalog ;)

Thats hilarious!!! I love shots like that. Not that Im a expert at all and I didnt have time to read threw the entire thread so if someone touched base on this, sorry. You could have had him lower the magazine to cover his underwear. But its a very kewl shot.

What's with Guns & Ammo mag though? Is it supposed to mean something? I ask because I don't get it. Can't help and think I would have used a House Beautiful mag or a toilet catalog ;)
It means he's a guy. :) What self respecting man would have a "House Beautiful" magazine in his bathroom? :D

It means he's a guy. :) What self respecting man would have a "House Beautiful" magazine in his bathroom? :D

One with a wife....

A wife who wants the bathroom redesigned maybe?

AWESOME job tharms! :thumbup:
equally as cool to see your setup for the shot.

i tend to read whatever is in front of me...sometimes it is "handgun", sometimes (i will admit) it's "self". :D

Haha..the first one is damn cool, haha..
Not only that the idea is hillarious, the photographic quality is outstanding..

It could've made a great ad for all I know, haha..

great shot. i like the first one better as well.
why are you posting in the beginners' gallery though?

Most reactions

Back