What's new

i cant find the iso setting on my MF cam

myopia

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
920
Reaction score
0
Location
MA and CO
i have a mamiya 645 and i cannot find the iso/asa setting dial. help. i think it is a 1000s.
 
I doubt it would be on the camera body. It's probably on the viewfinder unit, assuming you have one that meters. If the finder doesn't meter then the ISO dial would be fairly redundant :)
 
The ISO setting is on the film cartridge on the top on the newer Super, Pro, and Pro TL... on the older ones if I remember right its in the center of one of the dials... and you must pull out slightly on the dial to adjust it... neither are on the prism...
 
The ISO setting is on the film cartridge on the top on the newer Super, Pro, and Pro TL... on the older ones if I remember right its in the center of one of the dials... and you must pull out slightly on the dial to adjust it... neither are on the prism...

i have the 1000s. there is no dial on the body.
 
I am going to have to stand corrected... for some reason I was thinking on the m645 and m645J (the 1000 is the same) that the dial was on the body... but it is indeed on the prism on the right side... but I am also noticing that some metered prisms have the second shutter speed dial but not the ISO setting either... strange...

I havent used the M645 in quite some time... gave it to the girlfriend when I bought my Pro TL... I may have to open it up and take another look at it tonight...
 
I also have the Mamiya 645 1000s...just bought it. There are no metered prisms...just the waist view finder with no asa setting knobs anywhere. So, how does the camera know what asa film is being used? It's not automatic.....
 
If it's not a metered camera there is no reason to set the iso, most fully manual cameras lack this. On my mamiya 645 pro you set it on the film back, but that's because it has a metered finder
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom