I got an SLR

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finaly got a Canon EOS 350 D,But I didnt realise that id have so much reading to do.Any tips or advice to keep me going while I get through the manual would be greatly appreciated.I cant wait to use it so Im going to put the manual to the side until later.Thanks

yeah stick a CF card in it and a battery and turn it on and start shooting, Oh and take the lens cap off I find that helps :lol:

I use my camera mainly in AV mode so as you change the aperture to control DOF the camera changes the shutter speed for you. But more importantly than any of that just enjoy it

yes, just go shooting! I never read the manual of my SLR.

I say make sure you have the camera out while you read! When you take a break from reading. Click off some pictures. The cameras have so many bells and whistles now a days. Most people don't know half the controls. And after you get used to some of the controls. Go back and do a review everynow and then. I still pick stuff up that I had forgotten.

Congrats.

Just experiment around with the different settings!

I got the same camera a couple of months ago. It won't take you long to work out which settings work best!

Go around your house messing around with the settings you already know and take a bunch of different pictures with different ones. Then when you have everything down consult the manual and learn a few new things go mess around with it abunch and then a few more and so on

Most reactions

Back