I had a chance to shoot with a few professional models...

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... and this is the best I got... doh!

I was thinking about shooting in landscape orientation too... j/k :blushing:

4e09510d2bec6.jpg

I like the photo, but there just doesn't seem to be any 'life' to it. The eyes in particular just look a bit dull to me.

I like the photo, but there just doesn't seem to be any 'life' to it. The eyes in particular just look a bit dull to me.

Yeah, it was really tough to get the lighting just right. It was a bit disappointing but I'm just really happy to fire a few shots. On top of that, I was nervous as hell... hahaha...

This one is a bit better but not by much...

4e095b949857e.jpg

The straight on pose and the eyes make me think there was another photographer to your right...he had the better angle. Generally, if you can avoid shooting anybody except a football player with their shoulders directly to you, well, you probably should.

I do agree that the lighting on her face for your second shot does have a lot more life too it.

Yeah being nervous didn't help. At least I remember not to cut off her fingers :D

You did fine. I didn't mean to come off as overly critical. Your skin tones look good. Your exposure looks good. Just a few things to fine tune for next time.

Thanks. Yeah I definitely need a lot more practice, although, the beautiful models softened all the other flaws. :D

There is no light falling on her in the first shot, were you using flash or reflectors ?

Flash coming from underneath her right arm to balance out the bright sun coming from out side. I think I placed it a little too close to her and too low.

There is no light falling on her in the first shot, were you using flash or reflectors ?

Flash coming from underneath her right arm to balance out the bright sun coming from out side. I think I placed it a little too close to her and too low.

I would have had a softbox to her left, your flash is doing nothing, you need to be lighting her eyes, face, and chest to bring out the sexy pose

Yep. This one is a bit better but she was down to my flash's level, but I don't really like the cropping in this one. I think due to my nervousness, I forgot to raise the flash stand up when she stood up for a different pose.

4e0a10bbac1ab.jpg

Most reactions

Back