I have a strong liking for paths and trails. Like?

Trista

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

Sorry for a lot of pictures, but I wanted all of the trails that I have right now together.
Brand new here, feel free to critique me, that's why I joined! :) -Thanks

"I have a strong liking for paths and trails. Like?"

no, not really...I see a slight possibility for 9 with a tigher crop...but thats really stretching it.

I'll work on that, thank you!

Trista, I really don't see much obvious evidence of paths in the first 4 images - maybe it is my monitor (it is calibrated), but I just can't really see them - they don't jump out at me. In images 5 to 9 the paths are a bit more obvious to me, but 5 and 6 are still "iffy" as paths. Also, in 5 to 9, it looks a bit like there is a very greenish tinge to the images - even some of the tree trunks are greenish, unless that is moss(?) - maybe you need to dial down the "green" saturation a bit and see if that helps. With everything so green and the green being so prevalent and overpowering, my eyes went for the green forest rather than the path. I would tend to agree a bit with Ryan L that #9 could use a little cropping and maybe #8. Also, get rid of the date...this should be captured in the EXIF data in the camera with your image and you do not need it on the actual image.

These look like they were taken from a standing position? Correct? If so, you might want to try to get a little closer to the ground and make the actual path more of an element in your image, rather than something that I have to hunt around for. I am always interested in the technical aspect of someone's images - the camera and lens that were used, raw or jpeg (I know they are jpeg for posting) and the image processing software that was used, and an indication of how much editing has been done - cropping, colour correction, noise correction, etc. HTH.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

When you photograph pathways\trails, try to make them interesting and dramatic. Look for trails with a neat split rail fence along one or both sides, those with a tight row of gnarled trees on each side to empahsize the path or those that lead into a heavy growth of trees etc. Simple footpaths through a woods like these will take a lot of work to "bring them out" in the photo and making them "interesting" may just not be possible. Try shooting from a lower angle or a slight left or right angle rather than straight on. Try shooting at a time of day when the sunlight and shadows emphasize the trail. I'm sure you "saw" and "felt" something that compelled you to take these photos, now you need to try and get that feeling across to the people viewing them.

Thank you for all your help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back