I have returned from practice c&c please

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
still trying to get a handle on composition,hopefully these are more technically correct,Note:I'm not afraid of harsh comments:hug::
(1)
3634554754_cf09ed538c.jpg

(2)
3633737663_5604fcf3d4.jpg
'

(3)
3634556212_4b136171f3.jpg

I realize no.3 is oof but was paying more attention to comp.

I really like number 1. That is a great shot. Number 3 is a little off to me but you still have a full color subject that overrides the rule of thirds. In some cases the general feel you get from a photo takes the rule of thirds place.

:thumbup:I did not see your other photos but looking at your practice photos:thumbup:

:thumbup:Great Job:thumbup:

Yeh, first one is just great! Beautiful composition with the diagonal run of color. Third one doesn't do it for me, it's nicely composed but something is not working - maybe I would like to see the focus on the top tips of the stamen (ie on the anther :biggrin:).

The turtle shot needs some pp. How did you take that photo? Underwater photography without flash is, well, basically void of all color but the blue part of the spectrum. In Photoshop or other image editor start with working on the levels, and then subtly add yellow and red, to lift it out of the blue/cyan.

No.1 is great:thumbup: No.2 looks like a holiday snap through glass at an aquarium No3 is oof but given the fact that it is a composition exercise.....

#1 - For me, this picture would have worked better if the flower on the lower left was shown more and the other two were more OOF.

#2 - No comment.

#3 - This shot would have been better if the dead flower and the petal from the other flower wasn't in the shot and the DOF was a little shallower.

The first and third pictures have a lot of noise...what kind of camera did you use?

The first one is cool, the first thing I looked at was the out of focus flowers....so maybe get those out of focus more with a larger aperture...greater focal length, closer to subject..bla bla bla....but after I noticed the flower in focus, my eye was drawn to that.

Number two just isnt that great....it took me a while to realize it was a turtle in there....were you shooting into water???

NUmber 3 is cool.. I like it, the things that stick out of the flower beeing out of focus bugs me, but other than that *high five*.

From a composition perspective, those are done very well.

Thanks for the advise,trying to fully understand comp. camera for 1&3 is Kodak p&s
(z740) "long story as to why i don't have better digital cam " #2 is a reefmaster p&s w/flash "the flashbulbs in top left of pix #2?" 35mm.... scanned in to digital
part of my practice is pp.just starting to figure out there is such a thing as layers
thanks again for all help,next step??learning photo shop?

Most reactions

Back